*This is a remote position, but we are currently only able to hire within the U.S.
About the Data Engineer position
We are looking for a Data Engineer who will drive the design, development, and future state of our enterprise data systems.
Location3 is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive company culture, and our team does not discriminate against candidates and employees because of their disability, sex, race, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, veteran status, or any other protected status under law. Additionally, Location3 is committed to diverse and equitable hiring practices. If you are a candidate that identifies as diverse and would like to self-identify, please let us know. Providing this information is completely voluntary.
Expected Salary Range - $95,000 to $135,000 annually depending on experience.
- Front End: Angular, Typescript, RxJs, Nx, Akita, Jasmine, Visual Studio Code
- Back End: C# Web API, .Net Core, MongoDb, xUnit, Visual Studio
- Azure: Service Bus, App Services, Data Factory, Functions, and WebJobs
- Data Warehouse: Azure Synapse Analytics (Synapse Studio, Dedicated SQL Pool, Data Factory, Data Lake Storage)
- Architecture: Microservices with RESTFul APIs, event-driven, message-based
- Hosted: 100% in Azure using Azure DevOps Build/Release pipelines
Data Engineer Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the design, development, and deployment of the enterprise’s overall data strategy to include, but not limited to, data model designs, data collection, storage, transformation, distribution, governance, security, and usage
- Review existing data architectures to determine overall effectiveness and compliance with original objectives, develop comprehensive strategies for improving or replacing underperforming areas and present these plans to executives
- Designing and integrating new partner data (consumption of new data which shows up in a data lake/storage)
- Research new technologies, data modeling methods, and management systems, to determine which ones should be incorporated into the overall company strategy, and develop implementation timelines and cost to deploy and maintain
- Maintaining and Monitoring All SQL Databases (Azure Synapse SQL, Azure SQL, and NoSQL)
- Convert business needs into data and system requirements, align business processes with IT systems, and manage the complex flow of data and information within the organization
- Create & maintain existing ELT Pipelines & Data Flows in Azure Synapse Studio
- Create & maintain existing Stored Procedures & Views serving Reporting features
- Perform Power BI Shared Dataset Modeling for consumption by our Reporting Team
- Provide Power BI technical guidance & best practices to our Reporting Team
- Active participant of an Agile/Scrum team
- Evangelize data strategies and directives upstream (Executive Leadership) and downstream (Engineering Team)
- Report to senior management
Data Engineer Requirements:
- MS/BS degree in Computer Science/Engineering or similar
- 5-10 years experience working as a Data Engineer
- Strong knowledge of database structures, data mining, visualization, and machine learning skills
- Ability to implement common data management and reporting technologies, data visualization, and predictive analytics
- Experience working with structured and unstructured data
- Excellent organizational and analytical abilities
- Outstanding problem solver
- Applicable Industry Certifications
- Digital marketing / Social Media experience
- Experience working with private and sensitive enterprise information
- Power BI, Power Apps, Power Automate, and Power Virtual Agents
- In-depth knowledge of a wide range of established and emerging data technologies
- Confident in decision making and the ability to explain processes
- Interpersonal and customer service skills
- Build & maintain Azure DevOps Release Pipelines
Creative Thinkers, Data Geeks & Digital Enthusiasts - Location3 Media is a digital marketing company built to improve the findability and performance of consumer and retail brands through enterprise-level and local digital marketing solutions. Founded in 1999 and located in the heart of Denver, Location3 has a staff of 60+ full-time employees who service global, national and local brands. More than half of Location3's client base has worked with the agency for at least three years, as Location3 improves the findability and performance of every client they partner with.
Location3 is looking for passionate people with innovative thinking who want to work with a performance-driven team. We emphasize working hard to bring our clients the results they seek and celebrating those wins together in a positive and fun work environment. We offer the benefit of being a remote work organization, but we also strongly believe that collaboration is key to driving outcomes. Our company culture, our ongoing education and training programs, and our technology infrastructure all contribute to that goal. We also believe that bonding is equally important - whether it's in-person or over Zoom. We have dedicated annual company events like golf day, ski day, and monthly events like town halls, team happy hours, team trivia and team cooking demonstrations that help to create synergy among colleagues and teams. On top of working and playing hard together, we also offer a very competitive benefits package, complete with medical, dental, vision, matching 401K, a wellbeing stipend, summer and fall Fridays, remote work equipment, and more.