*This is a remote position, but we are currently only able to hire within the U.S.
The Paid Search Strategist has ownership and direct responsibility for providing thought leadership, strategic direction, new business solicitation and overall guidance within the agency across all existing and potential key accounts.
Reports to SVP/Managing Director.
Expected Salary Range - $65,000 to $80,000 annually depending on experience.
First, this candidate will be expected to develop/grow our current Paid Search practice. This would include training, educating and developing a team of Paid Search experts across both existing and new hires, innovate our paid search offering, manage and grow our core vendor relationships e.g., Google, Double Click and develop integrated solutions across all performance marketing channels SEO, social, mobile, display, local.
Second, this candidate would be a contributing member to the Paid Search strategy, execution and growth of a current client/set of clients. This will include developing and working with a team of PPC account managers, client interaction and being a core contributor to the overall success and client performance.
- Analyzes search planning budgets, of assigned accounts, to identify strengths and weaknesses and ensures proper financial allocations
- Meets with agency and account teams to provide in-depth strategic recommendations for current and potential clients
- Accompanies AD’s and account teams to meetings and pitches when new strategies or opportunities are being presented
- When scoped in on specific accounts, reviews client reports to provide additional strategic recommendations
- Establishes current and long term goals and objectives for responsible accounts
- Must understand the tactical implications and processes of recommended strategies
- Vendor management – Google, Double Click, etc.
- Owns process improvement and best practice implementation for the PPC line of business
- The ability to ideate and deliver innovative paid search strategies and tactics against measurable ROI.
- Identify opportunities in the market place to solidify and expand client visibility and profitability.
- Own and conduct market/competitor research to be leveraged in current and future strategic executions
- Seek opportunities to grow the business, and cross-sell services based on client needs.
- Keep track of changes and trends in the Search Engine Marketing industry, and educate employees and clients by sharing pertinent Engine/Industry Information.
- Ability to clearly articulate a POV around Paid Search topics, industry trend and ways to leverage them against client & agency objectives.
- Ability to present to and educate clients on Search Engine Marketing principles, tactics and strategies on varying levels based on client knowledge and needs.
- Oversee development of paid search program strategies and analysis for clients e.g., non-brand efficiencies, day-parting, week-parting, media mix, value of paid search customer, etc.
- Collect and share best practices and learnings across agency client base.
- Responsible for comprehensive management of Paid Search initiatives within the media department with oversight from a VP or Group Marketing Director. Typically, this includes the management of industry/category knowledge, marketing planning, campaign implementation/execution, performance tracking and analysis and various associated projects.
- Work with clients to better integrate online marketing channels and on-site promotions, to ensure optimal timing, consistent messaging, and superior customer experience.
- Ability to grow and develop a team of paid search subject matter experts
- Ability to mentor and lead the overall paid search campaign life cycle including campaign management, analytics, optimization and reporting.
- Work closely with account, creative and reporting/analytics teams to ensure all executions are strategically aligned, and client needs are met.
- Evolve world-class Paid Search practice, leveraging third-party data and technologies.
- Responsible for developing and managing a department P&L, forecasting and budget management.
- Promote/sell paid search capabilities across internal and external teams/sister companies.
- Work collaboratively across the organization to ensure seamless operation of the account.
- Management of external vendor relationships and contracts.
- Minimum of 8 years in roles of increasing responsibility in paid search capacity either agency or client side.
- Extensive paid search experience is an absolute requisite; including research, forecasting, planning, execution and performance analysis
- Proven leadership ability and previous client relationship experience required.
- Strong familiarity with education and local search campaigns, strategies and tactics
- Self-starter, efficient time management and strong problem solving skills
- Proficiency in managing numbers
- In- depth understanding of marketing forecasting, media planning, implementation and performance analysis
- Exemplary written and verbal communication skills; commercially oriented, confident, outgoing, articulate, persuasive
- Proficiency in MS Excel, Word, Powerpoint
- Google Adwords certified
- Experience with and knowledge of other digital channels including; SEO, social and display.
- Proven ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with colleagues, clients and vendors
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of paid search bid management tools and technologies e.g. Double Click
- Proficiency in paid search research toolsets e.g. Nielsen NetRatings, AdRelevance, Hitwise, TheSearchMonitor, etc.)
Creative Thinkers, Data Geeks & Digital Enthusiasts - Location3 Media is a digital marketing company built to improve the findability and performance of consumer and retail brands through enterprise-level and local digital marketing solutions. Founded in 1999 and located in the heart of Denver, Location3 has a staff of 60+ full-time employees who service global, national and local brands. More than half of Location3's client base has worked with the agency for at least three years, as Location3 improves the findability and performance of every client they partner with.
Location3 is looking for passionate people with innovative thinking who want to work with a performance-driven team. We emphasize working hard to bring our clients the results they seek and celebrating those wins together in a positive and fun work environment. We offer the benefit of being a remote work organization, but we also strongly believe that collaboration is key to driving outcomes. Our company culture, our ongoing education and training programs, and our technology infrastructure all contribute to that goal. We also believe that bonding is equally important - whether it's in-person or over Zoom. We have dedicated annual company events like golf day, ski day, and monthly events like town halls, team happy hours, team trivia and team cooking demonstrations that help to create synergy among colleagues and teams. On top of working and playing hard together, we also offer a very competitive benefits package, complete with medical, dental, vision, matching 401K, a wellbeing stipend, every other Friday off, remote work equipment, and more.