*This is a remote position, but we are currently only able to hire within the U.S.
As the Director of Data Analytics, you’ll join our growing data and technology team to oversee data management and analytics solutions. In this role you’ll help drive our data-first approach to digital marketing by ensuring accurate data collection and transformation for data analysts and client teams. Your day may involve developing measurement frameworks, implementing accurate tracking solutions, building data models, reporting dashboards and more. You’ll act as a “data steward” to ensure integrity and access of marketing data, in partnership with our data analysts and marketing tech stack. Occasionally you will join client-facing discussions to help troubleshoot things like data inaccuracies, tracking concerns, and cookie management.
Expected Salary - $80,000 to $100,000 annually depending on experience.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Client strategy support and analysis
- Offer analysis and provide day to day client strategy support. Including:
- Set up client KPIs to monitor tactics
- Translating client data into actionable information
- Locate causes and opportunities
- Budget allocation and tracking
- Assist in bidding strategy
- Any other types of ad hoc analysis
- Conversion Rate Optimization
- Cookie Preference Management
- Call Tracking
2. Data solution management
- Consolidate and streamline all company's data needs, increase efficiency by reducing manual and redundant process, and improve quality by eliminating potential manual errors and source control
- API planning and strategy
- Database management
- Dashboard/report visualization and design
- Tracking code placement
- Provide data for ad hoc research or analysis
- Client reporting solution: Automate data or reporting needs for clients. The goal is to reduce overhead cost by minimizing the need to pull or send any manually created reports to client.
- Internal reporting solution: Provide customized reports for different user groups in the company - offer the right report to the right people at the right time.
- Research in new industry opportunities
- Build solution driven data models
- Statistic research and findings
- Building predication models
- Bidding algorithm
- Data mining and cluster analysis
- Design Media Mix Model
- Attribution modeling
- Oversee and manage analytics team
- Spearheads all activities of the Analytics department, developing quarterly product roadmap, and setting quarterly and yearly department performance targets.
- BS/BA in a data focused or marketing-based discipline
- 3+ years experience mining, ingesting, and reporting on data
- Experience working with Google Tag Manager tags, triggers, variables, and tag templates
- Experience tracking single page applications (SPAs)
- Ability to guide 3rd party teams in data layer implementations
- Experience developing dashboards in visualization tools such as Power Bi or Looker Studio (formerly Google Data Studio)
- Experience with Google Analytics 4 and Universal Analytics metrics and dimensions
- Experience with Google Ads and Search Ads 360 reporting
- Experience with Meta Ads (formerly Facebook Ads) reporting
- Experience with pushing data to Meta using the Conversion API
- Experience working with digital marketing measurement, including first-party data management, attribution modeling, offline conversions, and enhanced conversions
- Experience with Call Tracking platforms such as Telmetrics, Invoca, or Call Rail along with using call extensions in Google Ads
- Experience with Crazy Egg and Optimizely for CRO testing
- Experience with Cookie Preference Centers and allowing users to opt out of tracking using platforms such as OneTrust
- Expert analytical skills, with ability to build and convey business insight and document conversions and procedures.
- Technical writing experience in reporting, visualization, and presentations.
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and in teams to identify and tackle problems enthusiastically.
- Possesses a strong interpersonal and communication, written and verbal, skills, including bridging communication between departments
- Passionate about the power of data to drive better business outcomes for our customers.
- Excellent organization skills. Ability to manage workload, cope with multiple priorities and organize time effectively
- Quick learner. Ability to get things done quickly, receive feedback and understand how to explain complex concepts and products to our customers simply
Creative Thinkers, Data Geeks & Digital Enthusiasts - Location3 Media is a digital marketing company built to improve the findability and performance of consumer and retail brands through enterprise-level and local digital marketing solutions. Founded in 1999 and located in the heart of Denver, Location3 has a staff of 60+ full-time employees who service global, national and local brands. More than half of Location3's client base has worked with the agency for at least three years, as Location3 improves the findability and performance of every client they partner with.
Location3 is looking for passionate people with innovative thinking who want to work with a performance-driven team. We emphasize working hard to bring our clients the results they seek and celebrating those wins together in a positive and fun work environment. We offer the benefit of being a remote work organization, but we also strongly believe that collaboration is key to driving outcomes. Our company culture, our ongoing education and training programs, and our technology infrastructure all contribute to that goal. We also believe that bonding is equally important - whether it's in-person or over Zoom. We have dedicated annual company events like golf day, ski day, and semi-regular virtual happy hours, and team trivia that help to create synergy among colleagues and teams. On top of working and playing hard together, we also offer a very competitive benefits package, complete with medical, dental, vision, matching 401K, a well-being stipend, every other Friday off, remote work equipment, and more.
Location3 is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive company culture, and our team does not discriminate against candidates and employees because of their disability, sex, race, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, veteran status, or any other protected status under the law. Additionally, Location3 is committed to diverse and equitable hiring practices.